Contact Chris Forney
With over 20 years of experience and advanced subject-matter expertise in sustainable design and construction, Chris Forney is one of the country’s most experienced sustainability practitioners.
His clients throughout the country range from Google, Hyatt, LinkedIn, and Related to Caltech, the Cleveland Clinic, Oregon Health & Science University, and UCLA.
Within his core areas of practice – planning and green building – Chris helps clients define sustainability programs that fulfill project objectives and capture unique opportunities for innovation, creative problem-solving, and project value.
Chris has developed, refined, and shared advanced tools for sustainability practice as a speaker at such events as Greenbuild, the AASHE Annual Conference, and the USGBC-LA Municipal Green Building Conference and Expo, among others.
Chris received formal training in architecture and urban studies at the University of Oregon, ranked first in the country for sustainable design by the journal DesignIntelligence.
- LEED v4
- LEED for Homes (LEED H)
- LEED for New Construction (LEED NC)
- LEED for Core & Shell (LEED CS)
- LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED CI)
- Living Building Challenge
- Federal Guiding Principles for High Performance and Sustainable Buildings
- Federal Highway Administration Infrastructure Voluntary Evaluation Sustainability Tool (INVEST)
- North American Sustainable Transportation Council STARS
- The Natural Step
- University of Oregon
Bachelor of Architecture
Technical Credentials & Professional Memberships
- Oregon Board of Architect Examiners
- U.S. Green Building Council
LEED Accredited Professional (BD+C, ID+C, Homes)
LEED for Homes Green Rater
- International Living Future Institute
Living Building Challenge Ambassador
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- American Institute of Architects
- North American Sustainable Transportation Council
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
Architectural Registration Candidate
- AIA Oregon
- Cascadia Green Building Council
Board of Directors, Elected Member
Executive Committee, Member
- University of Oregon
Urban Design Studio, Guest Critic
Sustainability Certificate Program, Instructor
- Sustainable Business Oregon
“Transforming the debate on green building leadership,” February, 2012